Telkom Telepresence provides real-life meeting experiences to enterprise customers from its Telepresence rooms situated in Cape Town and Centurion. Customers will be able to arrange meetings between these sites.
Telkom Telepresence rooms are equipped with top quality audio and high-definition visual screens that make the Telepresence experience feel as good as being there. Documents can also be shared between all participants.
Telkom's Telepresence rooms each have 3 screens and are designed to accommodate up to 6 participants. Features include:
- High-quality video at 720p and 1080p resolutions.
- Specially designed, high-definition cameras provide high-quality, high-definition images, with excellent eye contact and no user operation required.
- Full-duplex, CD-quality audio provides a rich audio experience with no perceivable latency and no interference from mobile devices or cell phones.
- Optimized lighting and audio quality.
- Integration with common enterprise calendaring programs offers easy and automated call start and controls-you just push a button
- Impromptu meetings allow you to meet "in person" anywhere there is a Cisco Telepresence endpoint at a moment's notice-with just a phone call.
- Integration with the network helps ensure reliability with high availability, security, and QoS for an optimal experience. Highly secure communications are enabled through encryption of both video and call signalling.
- Any-to-any interoperability with standard- and high-definition video conferencing endpoints and collaboration
- Secure and reliable intercompany and intra-company calling
Benefits to customers include:
- On-demand remote high quality immersive meeting facilities (24 x 7 x 365 days per annum) offered on a per-incident basis
- Reduced costs related to travel and accommodation
- Quicker decisions and resolutions due to time-saving related to pre-decision discussions
- Reduced carbon footprint
- A site must be reserved at least 24 hours before the conference starts.
- For sessions required on weekends or public holidays by customers, the reservation form and payment (if pre-paid option) must be received by 16:00 on the working day preceding the weekend or public holiday.
- Only the Hosting Contact Centre can accept bookings, process registrations, give quotes, and handle account enquiries from Customers.
- If a Customer contacts a Call Centre or Telkom outlet, he/she must be advised to phone the Administrator on the national toll-free number.
- This product can be utilised by both nationally and internationally based Customers.
- The service can be billed to only one Customer, i.e. the person doing the booking will be responsible for payment of both Telkom TP rooms if both are booked.
Non-Telkom Customers may utilize Telkom Telepresence rooms, subject to availability and presentation of proof of payment on a pre-paid basis. Non-Telkom customers can pre-pay at a Telkom direct store.
- Any dispute in payment which may arise with the other Telepresence host is a matter between the customer and that host.
- Bookings are to be made in block periods of one hour, no pro-rate rate will apply.
- A session cannot be extended once it has commenced, requests for extended sessions must be received before the session commences and such extension is only possible if no prior bookings have been received.
- In the event that a customer requests extension while a session is in process, a new session will need to be configured after the completion of the current session, and there will be a delay of 30 minutes before the new session can commence.
- The new session will only be possible if all the required rooms are available.
- Bookings are done on a first come, first serve basis.
- Service cancellations must be communicated at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the service failing which a cancellation fee will be charged per cancelled site as follows:
- Less than 12 hours before conference - 100% of quoted amount per cancelled site
- 12 hours to 24 hours before conference - 50% of quoted amount per cancelled site
- Up to six participants can be accommodated in each of the Telkom Telepresence rooms.
- Confirmation of reservations will be sent to customers via e-mail as well as information regarding arrival times and access.
- No eating or drinking allowed in the Telepresence rooms.