W-CDMA stands for 'wideband code division multiple access'.
Fixed Line Look Alike Is a basic landline voice service provided over W-CDMA using a fixed geographic number. The wireless technology is an alternative for areas with limited or no copper infrastructure.
Like all other customers, you receive a normal Telkom number with 10 digits, starting with the three-digit area code, e.g. ('012' if you live in Pretoria and '011' in Johannesburg.)
You also pay exactly the same call and rental rates as Telkom voice service customers.
- W-CDMA handset( ETS 6630)
- SIM card
- Completely wireless
- No installation fees.
- Home Delivery
- You can add e-mail and fast Internet access
- Easy to obtain, activate and no installation fees required.
- Never be affected by copper theft.
- Handset like a normal corded telephone with LCD (display), antenna & a slot for a SIM card.
- A wireless voice service at the current fixed line monthly rental charges and current call tariffs apply.
- Free subscription to the following value added services
- Caller ID (CLI)
- Voice mail - retrieval of voice mail is also free
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Call barring
Fax Service is now available for FLLA see related products
The provision of Telkom's Fixed Wireless Broadband service is subject to Telkom's Standard Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy, they are available at all Telkom Direct Shops and can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
FLLA Terms & Conditions
- Telkom accepts no liability for any loss or damage to your property or equipment arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance of the service.
- Subscription to Telkom 3G services is subject to 3G coverage and network availability.
- The service is a best effort service and no guarantees are provided on availability of throughput.
- The subscriber shall be liable to determine network coverage in the subscriber area.
- Network coverage is not guaranteed and the service experience may change from time to time.
- Telkom 3G fixed and nomadic mobile services do not support soft cell handover.
- Prices include VAT. Prices of voice and data bundles exclude handsets and modems.
- Contracts are subject to credit approval.
- Telkom SA reserves the right to apply a monthly credit limit on your account.
- Inclusive data volumes, minutes and SMS's are subject to rules as determined and amended from time to time by Telkom SA, published on www.telkom.co.za.
- Unused data, minutes and SMS's will expire at month end.
- The subscriber is liable for any data usage exceeding the inclusive data volume and will be charged according to the applicable tariff plan, as amended from time to time by Telkom SA.
- The service application process will only commence on the presentation of a fully completed application form including necessary supportive documentation.