Telkom's Competition Lines are used by organizations to manage competitions and to collect information from respondents using interactive voice response (IVR).
Competition Lines have the following features:
- Calls to Competition Line numbers are routed via the Telkom network to the applicable service platform. The caller then hears recorded IVR instructions on how to answer questions and leave name and address details
- The service is offered in partnership with a Service Provider who acts as the service administrator and receives a portion of the revenue generated. This revenue is then shared with media vendors and/or promotional clients;
- 10-digit numbers are used, starting with 08622.
Competition Lines have the following benefits:
- Enables competitions to be run with phone-in responses without tying up staff to man telephones;
- Public reaction can be measured cost-effectively;
- Your organization's public image and promotional campaigns can be enhanced;
- Media effectiveness can be increased by improving audience ratings.
- The service generates revenue for your organization;
Telkom has partnered with three Service Providers who specialize in Competition Lines. There is a strict code of conduct within the contractual agreement between Telkom and the Service Providers. This will prevent any obscene or defamatory information from being offered. Customers subscribed to the Telkom BlockCall feature have the facility to block calls to all Premium Rate Service numbers as blocking is available up to the 4th digit.