Telkom CellSaver is a fixed-to-mobile discount plan that reward high spending business customers by offering them discount on their total fixed-to-mobile spend.
CellSaver competes aggressively with LCR (Least Cost Routing or Premicell) offers. With CellSaver - NO special equipment or changes to the customer's telecommunications systems are required. What's more it is easy to understand without the hassle and frustration of additional equipment, receiving discounts on selected lines only and to top it all it is not going to cost you a cent!
CellSaver will enable you to save on your fixed-to-mobile call spend. Should you be spending R2500 or more on calls to mobile phones you will qualify. The discount percentage will depend on your monthly cellular spend. No special equipment or changes to your telecommunications systems are required. Simply put, CellSaver is an easy to use discount plan that will save you money without requiring any additional investment.
|CellSaver Discount Plan
|Thresholds (Monthly cellular spend)
- CellSaver is subject to the signing of a CellSaver order form
- CellSaver discounts are applied on an account level and not a customer level. CellSaver must be loaded on each individual customer account (BAN - Billing Account Number)
- Calls will be billed and shown at normal rates. Discounts will be applied on the total spend and will only be shown on the invoice summary page
- Discounts will apply once the minimum threshold is reached
- The percentage discount will depend on the fixed-to-mobile spend during a specific billing cycle.
- Telkom CellSaver is activated on your existing Telkom account/s - CellSaver discounts will apply to all cellular calls made from all Telkom lines that forms part of that Telkom account
- You will receive discount on your total combined monthly cellular spend should you reach the minimum monthly threshold of R2 500
- Telkom CellSaver is immediately available on all your lines appearing on the account number associated with CellSaver. This includes PBX, direct lines and fax lines. You will qualify for discount on all cellular calls made from these lines
- CellSaver can be activated almost immediately after signing the agreement. No lead-times for CPE installations are required, since NO additional CPE equipment is required
- Discount will be applied on 100% of the fixed-to-mobile calls, irrespective of the time of day. With CellSaver there is no overflow of calls that would not qualify for discount
- Discount is also given on all after hour calls (Callmore time), which is already priced cheaper
- The customer receives one invoice (his normal Telkom one) reflecting all calls made, as well as the CellSaver discount received. There is no hassle of consolidating separate invoices
- Superior call quality with virtually no dropped calls
- No long-term contracts and PBX upgrades or re-configurations
- No additional point of failure
- Single telecommunications service provider
- With CellSaver there is no maintenance or expensive call-out charges
- CellSaver is easy to use - no need for additional call management!
- With CellSaver there is no need to configure your requirements in 1000-minute increments, CellSaver provides you discount on 100% of all your minutes, with no transfer of unused minutes, overflow minutes, etc!!
Differences between CellSaver and Least Cost routing (Premicell)
What is Least Cost Routing (Premicell)?
What is Telkom's CellSaver?
- Simply put - Least Cost Routing uses individual cellular routers, to re-route cellular calls from the PBX of a company to the mobile networks. This means that an original intended fixed-to-mobile call from your PBX is converted into a mobile-to-mobile call
- To enable this a cellular router is connected to your PBX. Depending on the volume of calls this can also be a number of routers
- The PBX is then re-programmed to route all calls to mobile phone numbers via these cellular routers.
- Per router the company would then subscribe to an inclusive minute calling plan available from mobile operators
- This inclusive minute calling plan would enable a customer to make cheaper cellular calls from fixed line telephones.
- CellSaver is a pure and simple discount plan, which enables customers to save on their fixed-to-mobile call spend
- It is an easy to understand and implement solution that provide customers with discount on fixed-to-mobile calls should the minimum qualifying threshold of R2500 cellular spend be met
- Telkom CellSaver is activated on your existing Telkom account - CellSaver discounts will apply to all cellular calls made from all Telkom lines that forms part of that Telkom account
- You will receive discount on your total combined monthly cellular spend should you reach the minimum monthly qualifying cellular spend threshold, which is currently R2 500
- Telkom CellSaver is immediately available on all customer lines appearing on the account number associated with CellSaver. This includes PBX, direct lines and fax lines. You will qualify for discount on all cellular calls made from these lines
- No special CPE equipment or changes to your telecommunications systems are required. Simply put, CellSaver is a volume and term discount plan that will save you money without requiring any investment. No maintenance means no further costs.
Compare CellSaver Discount Plan and Least Cost Routing (Corporate Connect / PremiCell)
|Telkom's CellSaver Discount
|Least Cost Routing
(Corporate Connect / PremiCell)
|Discount plan - linked to your existing Telkom account.
||Requires additional hardware to be installed. Mobile Price plan offering inclusive free minutes.|
|Guaranteed total savings and discount percentages on 100% of fixed-to-mobile calls where threshold of R2,500 is achieved
||No total guaranteed savings - Savings depends on individual call profile, router optimization and the correctness of PBX programming. Difficult to achieve 100% savings on all calls.
|Per minute billing methodology|
Calls are charged in increments of one minute for the first minute and thereafter, every 30 seconds.
|Per second billing methodology|
Calls are charged per second.
|Discount applies on total fixed-to-cell spend irrespective of the rate group. For example - 27% on Standard Time rates and 27% on Callmore Time rates.
||Off-Peak calls are also billed at the AnyTime inclusive minute rate. This increase the price of all calls made during Off-Peak Time utilizing these inclusive minutes. |
|Discount plan - guaranteed savings on 100% of fixed-to-mobile calls where threshold of R2,500 is achieved.
||Customers needs to optimize router utilization to the maximum - poor utilization results in unused minute's already paid for, off peak calls charged at the higher AnyTime rate and spill over minutes not handled by the router as originally intended. All of these scenario's impacts the actual savings vs. claimed savings.|
|Discount plan with no subscription, subject to a 30 day agreement
||CPE equipment (routers) as well as long-term contracts (12 - 24 months) for the inclusive minute packages are involved.|
|One Telkom invoice, discount is reflected on invoice summary page
||Separate invoice from service provider|
|One single service provider - Telkom
||Multiple Service Providers|
|Fixed network quality
||Cellular call quality|
|Easy to use. No additional call management required
||Optimum savings and use require proper call management|
|No special user equipment or configuration on customer PABX
||Require special PABX configuration and CPE equipment|
||Maintenance with associated costs|
What is the bottom line?
Telkom's CellSaver offers you complete peace of mind !!
It is easy to understand without the hassle and frustration of additional equipment or re-configurations - and to top it all it is not going to cost you a cent!!
CellSaver Terms and Conditions
- CellSaver is a discount plan and does not replace my/our existing
Telkom agreement for voice services.
- Telkom shall make reasonable endeavours to meet the
implementation date as requested by the Customer. However,
Telkom shall not be responsible for any consequences of delay
or liable for any damages, costs or expenses whatsoever, which
the Customer may incur or suffer if the requested implementation
date is not met.
- Discounts will be granted from the actual implementation date and
will be reflected on accounts that are rendered after that date.
- This discount plan will not be backdated.
- Telkom reserves the right to change the thresholds and discounts
at any given point in time and to discontinue or replace CellSaver
as a discount plan with 30 days written notice.
- I/We might not receive the full discount benefit during the first
billing cycle. If CellSaver is activated in the middle of a billing cycle
we still have to reach the minimum threshold before a discount will
- I/We may not subscribe to any other Telkom call discount or call
price plan together with CellSaver plan unless specifically stated
in future discount offerings.
- CellSaver is only applicable on fixed to mobile calls that are
made from a Telkom service which forms part of the account
number as stipulated in this request.
- Telkom will not be liable for any costs which I/we may incur to
programme PBXs should this be required.
- Calls will be billed at normal fixed to cellular call charges after
which a discount will be applied provided that the required
thresholds are met. Detailed billing records will reflect normal
fixed to cellular call charges. The discount will be shown on the
summary page of your invoice.
- I/We understand that the CellSaver discount plan will endure
from date of implementation until terminated either by me/us or
Telkom. Telkom will give me/us 30 days written notice of such
- An agreement in respect of the service concerned will come
into being upon the date on which this request form, submitted
by me/us, is accepted and approved by Telkom.