1. What is Automated Teleconferencing?
It is an automated service that allows a minimum of three and maximum of seven customers to conduct a conference via telephone.
2. How do I use this service?
The customers dial 0862-000-000 and enter a pre-determined 5-digit PIN number. The PIN number must be non-sequential and non-repetitive e.g. 12345 or 11111 are not valid.
3. Who informs the required participants of the time of the conference and the PIN number?
The main speaker or organizer of the Teleconference needs to inform all participants of conference details and the PIN to be used.
4. How much does it cost to use the Automated Teleconferencing service?
All parties involved in the Teleconference share the costs of the call. Each participant is billed at R1.50 (including VAT) per minute Standard time (07:00-19:00) and R1:00 (including VAT) per minute CallMore time (19:00-07:00 and weekends). A respective cellular or international service provider determines cellular and international call rates. Please dial 021-949-36-68 for detailed pricing information.
5. If someone disconnects from a conference how do we get him/her back on line?
The person re-dials 0862-000-000 and enters the original conference PIN. This will then re-connect the customer to the teleconference.
6. How long before the time must the conference be booked?
Since the service is automated, there is no pre-booking necessary.
7. What is the duration of a teleconference call?
There is no fixed duration for teleconferences.
8. Is it possible for Pre-paid, WorldCall and cellular customers to make use of Telkom's' Automated Teleconferencing?
Yes, with the exception of payphones, all other users can utilise this service.
9. How do I know when another participant connects to the Teleconference?
A confirmation tone will be heard each time a new participant connects to the Teleconference.
10. What is the maximum amount of people that can be connected on a conference?
A minimum of three participants and maximum of seven participants in total (including the main speaker).
11. Can international participants connect to a conference?
Yes they can, but you will be charged at the international rate.
12. Can participants get the cost of the conference when it is finished?
Yes, by phoning 021-949-36-68 and stating the duration of the call, the operator can supply participants with the cost per minute and total cost of the call.
13. Can a permanent booking be made for a conference call?
No, an Automated Teleconference can be made at any time.
14. May the main speaker be on a cell phone?
15. What are the minimum charges?
Minimum charges are R1.50 (VAT including) for Standard and R1.00 (VAT including) for CallMore time.
16. Is per-second or per-minute billing applied?
Calls are charged per minute rounded off to the next minute (e.g. if a customer spoke for 1 minute and 2 seconds, he/she will be billed for 2 minutes).
17. Who provides me with a PIN?
Decide yourself on any 5-digit PIN number (Sequential and repetitive PIN's e.g. 12345 or 11111 are not allowed for security reasons).
18. Who informs the required participants of the time of the conference and the PIN number?
The main speaker or organizer of the conference informs all participants of conference details and the PIN to be used. To save time and money, ensure that all participants connect at the arranged time.