Telkom's HomeFree service is a personal 0800 number that you can give to your family members, who are away from home, so they can call you day and night without paying a cent. All charges are billed to your HomeFree account.
The HomeFree has the following features:
- You get a unique 0800 number linked to your residential line, which you can give to your children, elderly relatives, or anyone you want to be able to contact you immediately and at no cost to them
- No installation fee
- Optional CallerPIN feature that offers added security to allow and restrict access to your HomeFree number
- Homefree can also be used with Call Answer and ForwardCall on busy/no reply.
The HomeFree offers the following benefits:
- Calls to the HomeFree number can be made from any telephone in South Africa
- The ability to pay for incoming calls of selected friends and family
- The convenience that calls can be made from public telephones without the use of coins or phone cards
- It adds value to the basic residential service
- A separate itemised Homefree account
- An affordable, confidential and reliable 0800 service.
Telkom's Standard Terms and Conditions Apply
HomeFree Terms and Conditions
- HomeFree may not be used for Business purposes; therefore your number may not be published or advertised in the media, on business cards, or anywhere else
- Calls made to Homefree numbers from cellular phones will not be free of charge, as they are charged by the Cellular Network Providers, and are not under Telkom’s control
- Called party pays for the call
- Available nationwide but only for household use
- A personal, confidential toll-free service
- Advertising of the HomeFree number is prohibited.
You can find detailed price information on all of our offerings here:
View Telkom Tariffs