Telkom's Direct-a-Call enables you to rent a number in another location and have calls to that number diverted to your office telephone. The caller pays only for the call to the distant number - you pay for the diverted portion of the call.
The Direct-a-Call has the following features:
- With Direct-a-Call, customers rent a number in another city or town and have calls to that number diverted to their office telephone number
- Telephone number that you rent in the other city/town must be connected to an
electronic telephone exchange.
The Direct-a-Call offers the following benefits:
- Establish a presence in another city or town without setting up another office
- Saves your customers the costs of making long distance calls
- Customers are more likely to call a local number
- Security: no outgoing calls can be made from the distant number
- Direct-a-Call does not support the Call Answer service, but a Call Answer mailbox can be used on the number where the calls terminate.
Telkom's standard Terms and Conditions Apply
Direct-a-Call Terms and Conditions
- Subscriber needs a physical telephone line where calls will be relayed to
- Price of the virtual line is the same as of the physical line. Expensive charge of the relayed portion of the call
- The telephone number that you rent in the other city/town must be connected to an electronic/digital telephone exchange
- No disaster routing available (i.e. second telephone number to route to if 1st telephone is faulty
- Telkom has sale control of this service
- Direct-A-Call must under no circumstances be provided to remedy a situation where the customer requires the facility due to a fault on his/her line
- Direct-A-Call is not intended as a short-term facility to redirect calls, and therefore must never be sold to customers who require it for a shorter period than a month. (Note: For faulty lines Forward Call and Call Answer must be used).
You can find detailed price information on all of our offerings here:
View Telkom Tariffs