A world first in Do-It-Yourself networking. After ordering VPN Lite, Telkom provides you with secure access to a web portal which is used to create all the sites and individual connections needed for your own secure Virtual Private Network (VPN). As your business needs change you can adapt the network size as well as your usage bundle up or down when required. You are therefore not tied into a contract which is not ideal for your business at any given time. It is the lowest cost and easiest to use networking solution in a box on offer today. It allows you to communicate between branches, between businesses and even between individuals. You can connect up to 50 sites on a VPN Lite network without affecting you monthly bill. VPN Lite offers a discounted bundle of your choice which it is not capped. Private static IP addresses allows for any site to communicate with any other site on the network.
- ADSL access - VPN Lite supports ADSL, offering cost-effective access from each site to the VPN. Standard ADSL routers may be used, which are available free on a Do Broadband contract with Telkom.
- VPN Lite Management Portal - The web portal provides an intuitive graphical user interface which is used to configure and manage your VPN. Although VPN Lite is a national service only, the web portal allows you secure access from any Internet connection. Using the portal enables you to add, remove or change sites on your network as required. It also allows you to monitor your VPN usage per site per day of the month.
- Self Installation - VPN Lite offers you the portal to create all the sites of your network in our database. We further provide you with all the necessary tutorials and setup utilities to configure the routers (standard ADSL modems) to connect sites to your VPN Lite network.
- Several packages to choose from - You have a choice ranging from 10 Gigabytes up to 320 Gigabytes per month.
- Static IP addresses - VPN Lite offers private static IP addresses which is standard in any proper VPN service offering. It is also required by many applications used in a networking environment. Any site or PC can communicate with any other site or PC in your private VPN Lite network.
- Cost savings - You can establish a network for your branch connectivity and general office applications at a fraction of the cost of a leased line network.
- Easy-to-use - You don't need any specialised networking skills or costly IT specialists to maintain your own network. The VPN Lite Management Portal as well as the router utilities simplifies this task for you. Telkom also provides an easy to understand guide to help you through the process. You will require IP networking skills only when you do integration with existing networks and application servers.
- Flexibility - You are free to adjust the size of your network as well as your amount of sites according to the changing needs of your business. At any given time you can choose the package that best suits your needs and your pocket. You have complete control of all the sites and the usage on your network.
- Usage based billing - You only pay for the usage bundle and possible extra usage on your VPN, not per site. You may add up to 50 sites to your network without affecting your monthly bill.
- Uncapped usage - You can use more than your monthly subscription. The monthly subscription includes a discounted amount of usage. Your service is not interrupted if you exceed this bundle. For any usage over your subscription you are billed at a standard rate per Gigabyte.
- SMS notifications - You will receive automatic text notifications to your mobile number if your VPN usage reaches 80% your subscribed package. This helps you to conveniently manage your monthly usage and upgrade or downgrade if needed.
- Help Desk - A 24-hour help desk is provided for peace of mind.
VPN Lite Terms and Conditions
- Before ordering the VPN Lite service, please make sure you have ADSL available at the sites you plan on connecting to your VPN Lite network. ADSL take longer to install than the VPN Lite service. VPN Lite will be billed as soon as you receive the notifications that your VPN Lite network is active. Telkom cannot be held responsible if you order VPN Lite before the ADSL services are installed and you are billed for VPN Lite.
VPN Lite customers are advised to specifically ask for Billion 400G ADSL routers at your nearest Telkom Direct store and state you are using it for VPN Lite. The older Billion 800 VGT, Mega 100 (WR1), Mega 100 (WR2), Mega 200, Telkom Premium Combo and Telkom Zyxel 2602 are also still supported by the 0860 473 473 call center.
- You do require qualified personnel or consultancy when you integrate the VPN Lite network with elements of your existing networking infrastructure. Expert IP networking knowledge is certainly required for cases where you deviate from basic Wide Area Networking (WAN).
Telkom VPN Supreme is a certified Cisco Powered Network solution based on a carrier class broadband IP network.
For Multi National companies who need communications solutions between remote offices in various countries.
Telkom Mobility is an easy-to-use remote access service, giving you access to all your applications and resources as if you are in the office.