Synchrodial is the X.32 synchronous dial-in service, providing direct synchronous access to the Saponet-P environment via the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). It is an ideal back-up service for an existing Saponet-P.
- Dial-in synchronous access to packet-switching network - for data-protected synchronous communication (data encapsulated in X.25 protocol packets);
- Simultaneous bi-directional data transfer (full-duplex);
- Designed for file transfer, access to mainframe from remote terminals, as back-up to X.25, and as a data communication gateway to international networks;
- Multiple sessions (more than one channel);
- Facility support: closed user groups, reverse charging, fast select and charging information;
- Access to local and international communications;
- Multi-virtual circuits with single network access;
- Supports switched virtual circuits;
- Automatic detection mode;
- Supports both 128 and 256 octet packets;
- Supports packet mode data terminal equipment (identified and non-identified);
- Allows packet mode DTEs synchronous 2 400 (V.22) and 9 600 bit/s (V.32) access to Saponet-P via the PSTN;
- Automatic alternate routing in case of breakdown of circuit in use;
- Provides a range of selected user facilities;
- Service supported in major centres.