SpaceStream National (SSN) is a broadband, satellite based, dedicated bandwidth, MPLS network aimed at supplying WAN networks to large business entities. The networks can be in any combination of star, mesh or multi-star configuration. The flexibility and expandability of SSN ensures that Telkom will be able to cater for your current and future requirements.
- One stop shop network solutions
- Best in class equipment platforms
- Enables effortless sharing of all vital information within your larger organisation
- Rapid setup of your network, and relocation of sites when required
- Network solutions tailor-made to your stated communications requirements
- Operating flexibility to adapt to your changing network requirements
- Complete connectivity solutions for any industry application
- Available anywhere in South Africa, regardless of geographical location
- Seamless integration between your head office and all other sites on your WAN
- Virtual private networks within your larger WAN network - when you require independent communications networks for your different business units
- All solutions designed and maintained for optimal performance of your network
- Negotiable Service Level Agreements to ensure optimal operation of your network
Abridged standard terms and conditions
SpaceStream National is subject to the terms and conditions of the specific communications contract concluded for your network, as well as Telkom's Standard Terms and Conditions
I/we (I the customer) accept and understand that...
- The services provided by Telkom SA Limited ("Telkom") are, subject
to Telkom's standard terms and conditions for public switched
telecommunication services (PSTS) ("the standard conditions"), as
amended from time to time, the Provisions of Telecommunications
Act 103 of 1996 and Telkom's PSTS licence.
- Telkom reserves the right to amend the standard conditions from time
- The standard conditions are available for perusal at any Telkom
Customer Service Branch and can be inspected free of charge during
normal office hours.
- This order form contains only an abridged version of certain of the
standard conditions. In the event of any conflict between this abridged
version and the standard conditions, the provisions of the standard
conditions will prevail.
- The abridged standard conditions set out in this document are not all
the important standard conditions of the contract and it is my/our
responsibility to study the standard conditions.
NOTE: If you have not studied the standard conditions and wish to
do so before being bound thereto, you should not sign and/or submit
this order form until you have done so.
- By signing and submitting this order form to Telkom, I/we will be
bound by the standard conditions, irrespective of whether I/we have
read it or not
- If I/we am/are not the owner(s) of the premises where the service is
required, I/we must obtain any permission from the owner of such
premises that may be required and I/we indemnify Telkom against all
damages or claims resulting from the failure to obtain such permission
relating to the installation and/or removal of the service.
- A contract in respect of the services concerned will come into being
upon the date on which this order from, submitted by me/us, is
accepted and approved by Telkom.
- Telkom reserves the right to refuse to provide a service if the applicant
fails to meet the conditions of Telkom's credit referencing procedure.
- Telkom reserves the right to make general credit reference enquiries
about the applicant who has applied for a service and to check the
correctness of the information supplied by the applicant when applying
for a service. Telkom shall also be entitled to furnish any information
relating to my/our account and compliance with the standard conditions
to any credit bureau.
- Telkom shall be entitled to require from me/us the payment of a deposit,
to be determined by Telkom as a pre-condition for providing the
service. The deposit is to serve as security for payment of any amounts
due to Telkom by me/us.
- Should I/we cancel or modify any order so that abortive costs are
incurred by Telkom, I/we will be liable for such costs, which shall be
payable on demand.
- Telkom shall install the service, as requested by me/us against payment
of the relevant installation charge and deposit if applicable.
- I/we will, at my/our cost, ensure the provision of a suitable electrical
power supply, should this be required for the proper functioning of
- I/we shall allow Telkom free access to my/our premises during
reasonable hours to install, inspect, maintain or remove
telecommunication facilities or equipment.
- Where the service is a telephone or a telex service, Telkom shall
provide, at no charge, an entry in the directory for the area in which
the service is provided, which will compromise my/our name, address
and service number in an abbreviated form.
- No entry will be made in the directory if I/we should request Telkom
in writing to be excluded from the directory. In such a case my/our
directory information will also be excluded from any directory information
service provided by Telkom.
- I/we agree not to resell capacity on any telecommunication facility
obtained from Telkom or cede or assign my/our rights to use the
telecommunication facility, or sublet or otherwise part contrli of it,
without Telkom's written consent.
- Telkom shall levy charges for the provision of services, including but
not limited to installation charges, reconnection charges, service charges,
co-user charges, rental charges, and call charges, in accordance with
rates as determined by Telkom from time to time, subject to Telkom's
PSTS licence conditions. I/we will be liable for all charges levied in
respect of all services provided by Telkom.
- Telkom shall maintain the service, against payment of rental/maintenance
charges that are payable in advance for the first and any subsequent
rental period, as from the date on which the service is established.
- I/we shall only be entitled to a credit on the rental amount payable for
the service, pro rata to the duration of the interruption, if
(a) the service has been unavailable for a continuous period of 24
hours, or in the case of an international Private Leased Circuit for
a continuous period of 3 hours; or
(b) irrespective of the duration of the unavailability, the pro rata rental
amount corresponding to the period of unavailability is at least
equal to an amount determined by Telkom from time to time.
- Call charges are billed to me/us at the end of each billing period and
are payable on or before the due date indicated on the account.
- Telkom shall periodically provide me/us, usually on a monthly basis,
with an account, which constitutes a statement of the services rendered
and an invoice for the amounts payable by me/us.
- Telkom may, however, at its own discretion, issue to me/us an account
outside the normal billing cycle, and/or demand immediate payment
of any amount due by me/us.
- The account rendered by Telkom to me/us is prima facie proof of the
amount due to Telkom by me/us. I/we am/are, however, entitled to
query or dispute any element of the account in accordance with the
provisions of paragraph 10 of the standard conditions, which deals
with customer assistance and complaints and arbitration.
- Interest is payable on the late payments from date of issue of the invoice
up to and including the date of payment thereof, compounded monthly,
at a rate as determined by Telkom SA Limited from time to time.
- A service will be deemed to be in good working order until Telkom is
- If Telkom determines that a fault reported by me/us was caused by an
item of customer premises equipment, which is not covered by a
maintenance agreement with Telkom, I/we will be liable for the relevant
call-out charges, as determined by Telkom from time to time.
- The service may:
(a) be terminated after the minimum rental period applicable to the
service, by either party giving one month's prior written notice to
the other; and
(b) be suspended and/or terminated by Telkom on the terms and under
the conditions set out in the standard conditions.
- Where I/we request the termination of a service, the rental, if any, paid
for a period after the official date of termination, will be credited to
me/us. If I/we request that a service be terminated prior to the expiry
of the minimum rental period, or if the service is terminated as a result
of non-payment of the account, I/we will remain liable for the rental for
the non-expired part of the rental period.
- For purposes of clarity, where I/we should change location, for example
as a result of moving from one residence ("the lid residence") to another,
I/we remain liable for all charges in respect of the service at the lid
residence until such time as I/we have formally terminated with Telkom
the service at the lid residence.
- After termination of the service for whatever reason:
(a) Telkom may delete any entries in the directory pertaining to the
(b) Telkom may enter my/our premises to remove Telkom's
telecommunication facilities, and
(c) I/we will pay on demand all charges and/or costs outstanding at
the time of termination, or accrued thereafter as a result of the
- Where the service to me/us has been suspended as a result of nonpayment,
Telkom shall be entitled to demand from me/us the payment
of a deposit or an increased deposit, as determined by Telkom, as a
pre-condition for restoring the service. Such a deposit shall be in
addition to the payment by me/us of any outstanding amounts and
reconnection charges due to Telkom.
- Without prejudice to any of its rights, Telkom shall be entitled to offset
against a deposit, any amount due to Telkom by me/us including without
limitation, amounts due for loss of or damage to Telkom's equipment,
at any time while the service is provided, or at the termination of the
- I/we will be liable for all costs, including legal costs on an attorney
and won-client scale, as well as tracing costs and clilection commission
incurred by Telkom in or about the enforcement of any of my/our
obligations in terms of these standard conditions.
- Telkom undertakes to take all reasonable precautions in connection
with the provision, installation and maintenance of the service, and
shall only be liable for actual damages or injury, caused to any work
or property that may arise from the provision, installation or maintenance
of the service.
- Telkom shall not incure any costs liability for any loss or damages
arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance of the service,
whether direct or indirect, consequential or contingent and in particular
shall not be liable for any financial loss or loss or profits, income,
contracts, business or goodwill.
- Telkom shall not be liable for any costs arising out of the use of the
service or for any interruption to the service, for any reason whatsoever,
nor shall Telkom be liable for any costs or damages arising out of the
termination of the service.
- I/we indemnify and hold Telkom blameless against any losses, damages,
expenses and/or costs that I/we may incur, directly or indirectly, as
a result of claims and/or actions by third parties (including but not
limited to dependants, clients, employees, agents) and for any loss
sustained by such third parties arising from the installation and provision
of the service.
- Except as specifically provided in the standard conditions, Telkom
shall not be liable to me/us for any breach of these standard conditions
or failure to perform any obligation as result of any force majeure,
including but not limited to technical problems relating to Telkom's
PSTS, acts of God, Government controls, restrictions or prohibitions
or any other Government act or omission, whether local or national,
any act or default of any supplier, agent or sub-contractor, industrial
disputes, strikes or work stoppages of any kind or any other similar
or dissimilar cause, in so far as these are beyond Telkom's control.
- The failure of Telkom to enforce at any time any of the standard
conditions or any part thereof, or any right with regard thereto, shall
in no way be construed to be a waiver of the provisions of such a
condition or to be an estoppel or novation or in an way to affect the
validity of such condition. Any indulgence towards me/us or the
relaxing of the provisions of a condition shall not prejudice the right
of Telkom to insist on my/our strict compliance to my/our undertakings
and obligations in terms of these standard conditions.
- The risk and loss of or damage to any equipment rented from Telkom
by me/us in connection with the service shall pass to me/us upon its
delivery or installation and shall at all times vest and remain vested
exclusively in me/us. Notwithstanding the passing of the risk, the
ownership of the equipment rented from Telkom remains vested in
- Any intellectual property rights vested in Telkom, whether by statute
or common law, shall remain vested in Telkom and I/we agree not to
do anything or allow anything to be done that may infringe Telkom's
rights in this regard.
- I/we hereby indemnify Telkom against any claims, actions and
proceedings that may arise in connection with any intellectual property
rights vested in Telkom.
- I/we choose as my/our domicilium citandi et executandi the address
as given in the application form, or the installation address, or another
address of which I/we may notify Telkom in writing, provided that such
address is a physical street address.
- Apart from the provision of paragraph 10.3 of the standard conditions,
Telkom and I/we consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court
in respect of the settlement of any dispute and/or claim arising between
us, regardless of whether the amount in dispute or the value of the
matter in dispute might otherwise exceed the jurisdiction of such
- I/we shall not assign or cede this agreement or any rights hereunder.