FastNet a totally owned subsidiary of Telkom, offers customers a unique wireless access and VPN service solution. The wireless access service is provided via two separate GSM operators' viz. Vodacom and MTN using dedicated APN's. A virtual private network (VPN) is created for each customer that will allow branch sites to connect wirelessly to their corporate VPN on the FastNet backbone network. Telkom has integrated the above service into 4 service offerings as follows:
- FastNet Primary Access to VPN Supreme. This can be used as Primary Access to Telkom’s IP network. This allows Telkom to enhance the current VPN Supreme product offering with a wireless primary access solution.
- FastNet Backup to VPN Supreme. This can be used as Backup to a Telkom fixed line primary circuit connected to customers' VPN Supreme solution.
- The FastNet Wireless Data Service can be used as Backup to Telkom’s managed ADSL connected to the customers' VPN Supreme solution.
- FastNetVPN Solution (Stand alone VPN offering) which can be used to provide a customer with a complete FastNetVPN solution. This is a stand-alone VPN offering that does not integrate into the Telkom IP network.
- A reliable wireless access and VPN solution allowing branch sites access to a customer Head Office or Data Centre
- Automatic reconnection incase of lost connectivity to the GSM operators
- Support for various GSM access technologies i.e. GPRS, EDGE, 3G and HSDPA
- The dual SIM capabilities of the router provides built-in GSM access redundancy
- Secure GSM access using IPSec tunnels
- Remote management and monitoring of the FastNet proprietary router
- Dedicated corporate VPN on the FastNet backbone network
- A fully integrated VPN solution offering with wireless access
- Dual GSM network access
- Available everywhere where GSM coverage
- Provides customers with an alternative access medium to fixed line infrastructure
- Ideal for areas prone to copper and/or fibre theft
- Can be used in areas where there is a lack of fixed line infrastructure
- Flexibility, the solution can accommodate the customer’s network growth and upgrades
- Single-point-of-contact for sales and support
- 24-Hour customer service desk
FastNet Service Conditions
- Customer fulfilment, assurance and billing will be facilitated by TELKOM as the single point of contact.
- FASTNET will, on behalf of Telkom, install and commission the FastNet Wireless Data Services, with Telkom commissioning the end-to-end Customer solution, as detailed in each Customer Solution Description.
- A minimum service contract of 1 year is required
Telkom VPN Supreme is a certified Cisco Powered Network solution based on a carrier class broadband IP network.