ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver are services that enable a variety of applications by using a technology that transports them quickly, efficiently, and reliably. ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver provide a medium to high bandwidth transport service utilising Telkom’s advanced ATM/Cell Relay network. The service features are speed, reliability, flexibility and cost effectiveness for simultaneous voice, video, and data services.
The service provides customers a choice of multiple speed options starting at 2 Mbit/s and up to 155 Mbit/s. The service is most commonly used for a wide area network that can be designed to function as a secure, virtual private network. The service provides for different classes of service depending on the guarantees for speed that the customers applications require. Also Supports Point- Point and Point to Multi point network topologies
ATM Express is Telkom’s service offering that addresses the need of ISP’s,etc, which use “burst type traffic” and is a VBR- (Variable Bit Rate ) service. Thus meaning that the SCR (Sustained Cell Rate) is 50% of the PCR (Peak Cell Rate).All speeds are accommodated from 2 Mbit/s – 155Mbit/s in 1 Mbit/s increments.(Real Time)
MEGALINE - Plus:
MEGALINE- Plus is Telkom’s service offering that addresses the needs of customers that require full bandwidth utilization – CBR- (Constant Bit Rate) compared to Diginet, but with transfer speeds greater than 2 Mbit/s (Throughput 2 Mbit/s -155Mbit/s).These speeds are configured in 1Mbit/s increments.
- Greater Bandwidth Options - The ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver Service has several bandwidth options starting at 2Mbs up to 155 Mbs. Initial bandwidth offerings are 2Mbs, 34Mbs, 140Mbs, and 10Mbs for Ethernet (10BT).
- High-speed communication - High-speed transmission enables users to exchange information more quickly.
- Quality of service choices - Variable Bit Rate - VBR, Constant Bit Rate - CBR . The service provides for different classes of service depending on the guarantees for speed that the customer's applications require.
- Multiple virtual circuits - ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver supports multiple virtual circuits over a single physical interface. Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVC) can be established as either Virtual Path Connections (VPC) and/or Virtual Channel Connections (VCC).
- Being standards-based, ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver not only offer defined compatibility, but also safeguards your financial investments. The ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver also makes use of standard Frame Relay interworking interfaces positioning it for smooth migration from Frame Relay devices.
- Performance backed by Service Level Agreements SLAs are available based on the customers need for service reliability. Four levels available), Silver (Standard), Gold, Platinum. Platinum Plus
- More effective use of bandwidth - The ATM/FastPacket switching used by ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver , enables bandwidth to be shared among several applications, instead of dedicating fixed bandwidth to a particular application.
- Sustained Cell Rate (SCR) and Peak Cell Rate (PCR) - A connection's Sustained Cell Rate is the minimum bandwidth that is to be available to the connection. The Peak Cell Rate allows use of the full rate (bandwidth) if circumstances permit.
- ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver lets you realize a single, high performance network that carries your voice, video, and data communications services/application
- Cost-effectiveness achieved by faster communications and high performance
- Application specific quality of service (QoS) with guarantees. - One of the most significant capabilities of ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver is the ability for customers to select between various classes of service for each application. Hence, voice, data and video applications can be simultaneously supported over a circuit by assigning a Quality of Service (QoS) Class to each application.
- Efficient and cost effective allocation of network resources among various voice, video and data applications and their associated endpoints, offering both financial and practical advantages.
- Versatility by seamlessly blending all forms of communications across both local and wide area networks secure investment
- Leverage Telkom's expertise and outstanding resources in order to minimize a customer's business risk with a reliability backed by Telkom enhanced technology and state of the art network management centre
- Bandwidth savings
This guarantees a minimum bandwidth at all times, yet allows faster speed without the full cost for the maximum bandwidth.
- The service is available in all major metropolitan areas with ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) switch nodes installed in the customer's local exchange
||Local Access Bandwidth
|E1 - ATM Express, Megaline Plus, and Megaline Plus Silver
|E1 - Circuit Emulation Service
|E3 - ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver
|STM-1 - ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver
|10 BT Ethernet
The service provides two class of service options :
- Variable Bit Rate (rt-real time) - VBR-rt ( ATM Express)
- Constant Bit Rate – CBR ( Megaline Plus Silver)
Other services available with customisation.
The product enables total solutions to be configured with ATM Express and Megaline Plus Silver as the platform. These may be:
- Integrated Virtual Private Networks
- Wide Area Networks - LAN, WAN
- Broadband Access Options – ISDN*, ADSL*, HDSL*, E1 TDM
- Narrow-band Access Aggregation* - 64Kbs to 2Mbs
*Available with customisation
The specific market for ATM Express and Megalines Plus Silver services is:
- Corporate and Global customers
- Key Account customers
- Large business customers
- Mobile Operators