Telkom Business Convergence journey
Imagine the convenience of giving one number to your clients and taking their calls on your landline or mobile? Imagine your landline ringing at your desk in Jo'burg and you answering it in Durban? Can you see yourself start a conference call in your office and ending that conference call while fetching your child from school? With Convergence you can! Welcome to the CONVENIENCE of Convergence from Telkom Business.
Imagine taking a call from your mobile which you left in the car, from the comfort of your favourite office chair? Can you see yourself being as productive in a client's boardroom as you are when you're at your desk? Can you see yourself in a departure lounge, sipping on a latte' while landing a new client? With Convergence you can! Welcome to the PRODUCTIVITY of Convergence from Telkom Business.
Imagine taking a landline call on the go? Can you picture unifying your business's communication systems without putting a dent in your bottom-line? Think that value-for-money is too good to be true? Think you can't put a price on convenience and productivity? With Convergence you can! Welcome to the VALUE of Convergence from Telkom Business.
Convergence is a journey not a destination. Telkom Business is well on its way towards becoming South Africa's leading provider of true converged solutions.
Our ultimate destination is Unified Communications (UC) as a Service where we will offer a full suite of converged offerings on a pay-as-you-go basis, inclusive of IP Telephony, Unified Messaging, Presence, Calendaring, Collaboration and much more. UC solutions are the perfect vehicle to streamline business, improve productivity and agility, increase customer satisfaction and drive profits up.
- Our journey began in October 2009 when Telkom launched Cybernest, our data centre operations (which in 2011 was named as Frost & Sullivan's greenest data centre business in Africa). Cybernest provides a critical component of true convergence in the form of cloud computing capabilities.
- Next, we launched our mobile division, Telkom Mobile. First, in October 2010, we established the consumer mobile brand 8ta. Just under a year later, in September 2011, we launched Telkom Business Mobile, offering mobile communications to the Enterprise market.
- Since broadband is a key component of Convergence, our next step was to launch Telkom Business Broadband, which offers business customers reliable broadband connectivity coupled with higher Internet usage and business tools. Telkom Business Broadband entered the market in October 2011. We are currently evolving our Broadband capability and will soon start to offer high speed broadband services over our Next Generation Network.
We have three key components of true convergence: a national landline network that no competitor can match, an all-IP mobile network and a leading data centre business.
- Utilising these in conjunction with our state of the art enterprise VoIP/IPT solutions, we offer Unified Communication solutions to our enterprise customers on a customer specific solution basis;
- June 2012 sees us taking another stride towards true convergence by introducing Fixed Mobile Convergence, consisting of the first commercial deals that combine landline and mobile services in a single service bundle, all on a single bill from a single service provider – Telkom Business
Telkom Business is the preferred business partner – join us on the Journey to true Convergence and Unified Communications.
Introduction to Fixed-Mobile Convergence – 861KB
Benefits of Convergence – 0.99MB
What is Unified Communications and what are the benefits – 929KB
How to implement Unified Communications in your Business – 1.06MB
Benefits of Unified Communications within an organisation – 770KB